Welcome to Shapings forums, if you are new, register now or

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lack of pantyhose for men!

Over the years, not too many manufacturers have launched pantyhose products targeted to men although I'm sure there is a large population of men eager to wear more products and male targeted.

Hopefully we'll see more and Shapings could sell them all over Canada!

Indeed there is a lack of products specifically designed for men, but over the years I've come to the realization that that's not really an obstacle for us men to enjoy pantyhose. Fortunately Shapings is here to satisfy that demand.

I've been doing business with Shapings for many years now and I can say with all confidence, by first hand experience, that nobody beats them in customer service, and variety and quality of products (and quality of website). From all the options they have, many of which I've tried, I have been able to find many that are perfectly suitable for men in fit, comfort and appearance.

The main thing is to first know what you're looking for and then the folks at Shapings are always willing to help select the best possible option.

Yes for sure, Robert and the crew are the most knowledgeable people when it comes to hosiery.

Like you said, women's products can fit mens but it would be better if we had our own variety of products without looking like we are stealing our wife's hosiery.

Indeed Robert is the guru when it comes to this subject matter. I rely on his expertise a lot and hasn't let me down, and I know he won't.

I don't think the situation regarding hosiery for men will change, at least not anytime soon. The fact that top European brands like Gerbe have discontinued their product lines for me doesn't help. But regardless, what it boiles down to is nothing but the retarded view of our societies about the matter. Instead of seeing pantyhose for what it basically is, a garment, it's seeing as something related with tabu or I don't know what. Unless this view changes in the mainstream I don't see expect any changes in the way the manufacturers decide on their product lines.

In the meantime we have to deal with this, and I believe if you're careful enough to select the right product and size, the outcome will be nothing but enjoyment.

The main problem is that the manufacturers who attempt to produce a men's pantyhose seem to not care about the quality of the yarn used. We receive many samples but only to be disappointed with the yarns. We will not sell a men's pantyhose just because it has a man on the front of the package. The product needs to be the same quality as our women's styles.

It is a shame that Gerbe is not continuing with their men's line. The result of poor sales from men. Yet, men expect women to buy and wear nice hosiery and do, or Gerbe would be out of business completely. We will never see a hosiery company of this standard produce another men's line of pantyhose. What we have left in stock is considered collector's pieces.

Sadly I have found it to be true of most male clothing over the years. No thought is put into how the garment is supposed to feel against the skin. It's insulting to suggest that males lack the sensory refinement to appreciate finer fabrics. All the years I suffered underwear that was nothing short of punitive and socks that drive me around the bend. And I have skinny little ankles. How do men with thicker legs cope with sock induced edema? Things have got better with the advent of microfibre but still, most people wear golf shirts and they're like sandpaper on the skin. Men specific hosiery is a bit of a moot point for me though as the way I'm proportioned women's pantyhose fit me perfectly and I don't like underwear with a fly. It works out well for me because I have a really wide selection to choose from.

Couldn't agree more. For me under ware and socks are like instruments of punishment because of the fabric, the design, the fit, you name it. The only decent under ware I've found was in Europe. Finding socks that are comfortable (not digging into your leg around the elastic) is like winning the lottery. Pantyhose has solved these issues for me in one shot.

Robert is right. Apart from some honourable exceptions, most tights made for men are inferior in quality to that produced for women. I know this because I have tested nearly every brand for the Hosiery For Men blog and reviewed them. Comfort4Men are one of the exceptions. In terms of quality, I haven't found anything better than Falke, Oroblu and the Aristoc Luxury Opaque range. All of these also come in extra large sizes and provide an excellent fit for men.

[QUOTE=HosieryForMen;70]Robert is right. Apart from some honourable exceptions, most tights made for men are inferior in quality to that produced for women. I know this because I have tested nearly every brand for the Hosiery For Men blog and reviewed them. Comfort4Men are one of the exceptions. In terms of quality, I haven't found anything better than Falke, Oroblu and the Aristoc Luxury Opaque range. All of these also come in extra large sizes and provide an excellent fit for men.[/QUOTE]

Ok, I can also add Kunert into this list of brands. Their Chinchillan 20 hold-ups are long enough for men, comfortable to wear, beautiful and very durable. I personally recommend it.

I have to agree have tried men's tights and quality is not there so I only buy women's tights and pantyhose. Plus there are more color options in women's tights and pantyhose. Guess manufactures think men only want earth tones.