Welcome to Shapings forums, if you are new, register now or

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I agree, sjc752. It feels strange not to have them on. I wear pantyhose every day--some days it's thick compression hose, and other days it's thin hose. It all depends on the weather, for me--I want to be comfortable first and foremost. Some days the pantyhose are quite noticeable, and other days not so much.

The fact that I wear in front of family and friends, makes it so much easier to wear in front of a stranger, who doesn't know what I'm about. I sometimes wish a stranger would ask me why I wear, but it hasn't happened yet. I feel that if they were to ask, I could possibly educate them, and put any questions or fears they may have, to rest. I myself could possibly learn how we are perceived by the general public, and take that information, and pass it on to my fellow wearers on this forum.

Perhaps the largest detractor that many people have is how they will be perceived by the general public as you mentioned Toolman. I agree, education and gaining wisdom and experience and passing the information around via online forums can be an effective method to mitigate fears.

Well I'm definitely not at the point where some of you are where not wearing feels weird as my family isn't on board with it and I'm pretty sure my employer & coworkers wouldn't be cool with it but I'm definitely getting more & more courageous with my wearing this summer.

Went out again this weekend to the local mall to exchange some stuff and again no issues. Even tried on a few pairs of shorts and no one seemed to bat an eye... Another non-event which I guess is really what we're after.

Now I think I just need to run into another male wearing openly with shorts to validate it in my head..

You're so right, Chad---unfortunately, it seems the majority of us don't live in close proximity to each other. I believe it would boost our confidence level to an even higher ground, if we could have a visual confirmation that a "neighbour" in our own area, was spotted wearing nylon on his legs. This poses an interesting question---If we spotted a fellow wearer, would any of us approach him an engage in a conversation? How would you initiate the conversation? "Hi I see you are also wearing pantyhose, can I ask you why?" It would be awkward, I'm sure. The surroundings would play a big part for sure. For example, would any of us approach a guy in a crowded coffee shop? Maybe. In the coffee shop's restroom, when nature calls? I think not. If your only common ground is the fact you are both wearing hosiery, it may seem too intimate a topic to discuss in the first place, because most of us men here on the forum are drawn to a women's pair of legs in hosiery, because they look so good in them. What do the rest you think?

Chad, you are doing well and would like to encourage you to continue to wear pantyhose as you feel comfortable doing so in your own way.

Toolman, you raised several interesting points. Personally, I would compliment him on the attractive pantyhose he is wearing and would disarmingly ask him what style and brand he was wearing, where he purchased the hose and let the conversation run its course from that point. Your point is well taken that such a conversation may be a little intimate between 2 guys in any setting. Hopefully there is a polite way to break the ice and strike up a pleasant exchange.

It definitely would serve as a morale boost to have " visual confirmation that a "neighbor" in our own area, was spotted wearing nylon on his legs." It is unfortunate that some of us, me included, do not have nearby support. I agree that most men on the forum are drawn to women's shapely, sexy legs in fine hosiery.

I for one wear during the fall and winter. I don't shave my legs during the summer, for obvious reasons, so I tend not to wear openly during the summer. I do wear tights during the summer at night, if it gets cold. My experience during the fall, wearing shorts with nylons has been good. I wear them shopping to the local mall, no one has said anything.

Great to hear, NylonMan, that you had a positive experience at the mall. Each of us tend to stay in our "comfort zone," and that's the way it should be. Keep up the confidence!

Staying in the comfort zone and effectively contributing to the advancement of wearing and expressing ourselves in hosiery in our own way is good advice Toolman.

So I went to the Apple Store today to have an issue on my phone addressed. Needless to say, I'm wearing my usual ultra sheer (8 den) nudes. And as I'm sure most of you know, the Apple Store is generally very bright with lots of people. My legs did have a slight visible glimmer, but possibly less visible from other peoples viewing angle and distance. And I try to maintain a personal space of around 4-5 feet. I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel any anxiety. I was literally standing/sitting around waiting for my spot in queue to come up. This wait lasted for about 10 minutes, but felt way longer than that under the circumstances. When my turn came up, I spoke with the rep describing my phone problem which lasted probably another 10-15 minutes or so, me standing up the whole time. All in, I spent about a half hour in a well lit environment and not one glance, comment or otherwise abnormal behaviour from anyone.

What a thrill! These hose are definitely stealthy.

That's great to hear, sjc752. Was it your first time in a crowded public area? I would safely guess we ALL felt some degree of anxiety when we first ventured out in public. Correct me if I'm wrong, but was it your own thoughts of what the public reaction might think or say, not the actual reaction you received, that caused your anxiety? It was for me. It scared the hell out of me, at first. No longer. So far, it looks like none of us here have had a traumatic experience that has scared us and set us back to wearing in secret, or purging due to guilt, only to return to buying even more hosiery than before. This thread hopefully proves to other wearers, visitors of the forum, or any other people who are considering wearing, that all things are possible, and there is a huge group of hosiery lovers out there, likely larger than we originally thought, who are just regular guys. With this knowledge, we can build, learn, and educate, and as a result, grow in numbers without fear or retaliation.

I feel confident that, collectively, we will all make a difference some day.