Welcome to Shapings forums, if you are new, register now or

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

I agree, sometimes we concern ourselves with problems that are not really problems. I have worn dark brown hose with shorts and wedges with 5-6" heels and have captured much attention but that is fine. I enjoy wearing heels with hose.

[QUOTE=glossyph1;10451]I agree, sometimes we concern ourselves with problems that are not really problems. I have worn dark brown hose with shorts and wedges with 5-6" heels and have captured much attention but that is fine. I enjoy wearing heels with hose. [/QUOTE]

I went out with my wife and daughter today, and went to a few stores in Toronto. I wore jean shorts, pantyhose, and a sort sleeve shirt---no one cared or noticed. [They never have in the past, either.] Is wearing openly becoming more common, or is society more accepting of the constant changes in our world? Has any one else here on the forum had a similar reaction? What is the best, or worst, reaction you have experienced? I, and I'm sure others, would like to hear about it-- inform the masses, and be that much more prepared for the days ahead.

[QUOTE=Toolman;10465] I wore jean shorts, pantyhose, and a sort sleeve shirt---no one cared or noticed. [They never have in the past, either.] Is wearing openly becoming more common, or is society more accepting of the constant changes in our world?[/QUOTE]

Society is perhaps becoming more acceptable for both reasons. Although, I am inclined to believe that the larger part of the answer lies with changes in our society/ world. Also think that its becoming more acceptable as people like you and me, Toolman, become more ubiquitous. I cannot recall if anyone else experienced a similar reaction, but I know that I have. I enjoy wearing extremely short jean shorts, pantyhose, and heels. On one occasion while shopping for heels in a mall in Miami, Florida that I walked by a booth and saw a gentlemen do a "double-take", our eyes connected for second and I just smiled. That was the only adverse reaction that I saw after a half a day of shopping. Down here in southern Florida guys wearing short shorts with heels and hose is not a common sight. Currently it is a work in progress and a condition I am trying to remedy.

We here in the great white north, are affected by the drastic change in seasons. During late fall, winter, and early spring, we can't wear shorts, and as such, our legs remain covered up, therefore no exposure to the public eye. Even if a majority of men wore pantyhose,and it was a common sight, our exposure would only be 4-5 months at best. A somewhat different setback in contrast to your Florida climate glossyph1, where one could wear most of the year--but we will both persist, and keep moving forward to gain acceptance.

By the way Toolman...about 30 years ago My family took a vacation and went and visited Winnipeg and the southern shore of Lake Winnipeg in the middle of August and I recall it not being as warm as home (central Minnesota, I am in Florida to attend college). The water temperature was a little cool to spend to much time swimming. I agree that the "warm" season is much shorter there than it is here and that includes the northern states. But whatever obstacles we need to over come, including the climate "moving forward is the only thing we can do."

I'm doing my part for you Toolman...

I went to Costco here in town a couple days ago after work to grab some stuff for the family. I wore Secret cooling yarn sheers under my shorts. Didn't need much but wandered the store to see what else I might find that I thought I needed and came across a six pair package of Silks brand hose for $19.99. For that price I couldn't resist trying them so I grabbed a package in the Natural colour as well. Wandered the majority of the store & got no negative reactions...

Today when I left to grab lunch I wore a pair of the Silks hose that I picked up at Costco (turns out they're actually pretty nice, fit me well & match my skin tone nicely) and went to a local pizza spot that's known for a great deal on a fresh slice at lunch time. There were several people there waiting in line & eating in the large open area at the entrance and again no adverse reactions while waiting in line or anything...

Either both of these pairs are so stealthy that no one notices them or people may just be more accepting than we think they are...

I had a similar outing this past Tuesday and Wednesday, Chad. I popped in to Value Village,a local second hand/new dept. type store,and grabbed a few pairs of new pantyhose. One pair [$1.00] are in German print packaging, Verena brand, size v, 40 den, in either groesse or perle colour. [nude look.] I have no clue as to the description of them--but they have a back panel, and they fit nice. The other pair were Enchantress brand ultra shapely perfection,with mild compression in the leg, nude colour, and are made in the U.S., but are marketed here in Canada. They have a super strong support panty that criss-crosses, and fit snug in the abdomen, and have a floral lace run guard band that separates the panty and leg-- I believe they are 20-30 den,and are 81% nylon, and 19% spandex. I was so impressed, that at only $2.00/pair, I went back and bought 10 more pairs. [I left a few.}

When I went to cash out, while wearing shorts and the Enchantress pair I bought the day before, a group of men and women saw me holding an armful of pantyhose. Most didn't notice, but two women looked surprised, and looked down at my legs. If I could read their minds, it was probably something like "what the...he IS wearing pantyhose!" and carried on about their business. I caught the one lady taking a second look, and I looked her straight in the eye, waiting for a comment, but nothing happened. Confidence is a powerful tool. I went so far as to tell the young cashier who served me, that I was wearing a pair I bought yesterday, and they felt so good on my tired and sore legs, that I decided to buy more of them. She came right out and said her mom wears pantyhose for sore legs also. She didn't seem the least bit judgmental. Just when I thought some of the young ladies of today didn't care about pantyhose.......

I like to think you are right Chad, about people being more accepting---it may happen sooner than we think.

Chad and Toolman, I have not seen the brands of pantyhose that the two of you described. I tend to satisfy my hosiery needs right here at Shapings. Both stories are similar to the reaction I received when I had to mail a package at the post office. I was CdR Eterno 15 in Moreno in short "Daisy Duke" jean shorts and platform sandals. It was bright sunny day so when I stepped out to walk to the post office my legs radiated brilliant attention getting gloss. When I arrived their were several people waiting so I took my place in queue and waited. I looked down at my and noticed the bold silvery streak running from the heel up the back of legs. By this time other men women were taking their place behind me. Other than a few slight glances in my direction, nobody did not seem to mind. Finally it was my turn, as I approached the lady behind it really noticed the high glossy legs and was taken by surprise our eyes made contact as I smiled and I placed my package on the counter. Our business was very cordial and was soon was so finished. Although I did not make eye contact with any of the other patrons as I confidently walked out smiling knowing all eyes were cast upon my legs.

I agree with the two of you, people can be more accepting than we anticipate.

I've worn out in public so many times now that not wearing feels weird. I never get any glances, perhaps because I wear the sub 10 denier nudes, but mostly because people just don't give a crap. While I'm out and about, I do kind of wish I would get a glance or two just to see the reaction. But then I ask myself, why? As a heterosexual male, I do take the occasional respectful peak when I come across an attractive woman wearing or not. Of course I don't gawk. I'm sure those women know other people's glances and don't think twice. Staring on the hand is weird, on the starers part. The same applies the other way. My hose are nearly invisible that other people would have to be literally staring for a few seconds up close before they figured anything out and which point they'd be the weird ones.

Tl'dr, wearing out is a norm for me regardless of what other people think.

" wearing out is a norm for me regardless of what other people think." I agree sjc752 although I tend to wear high gloss, heavier deniers, in colors that are very noticeable wearing platforms and high heels.