Welcome to Shapings forums, if you are new, register now or

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

hose52, There will perhaps always be a few bad apples out there trying to ruin the image of men enjoying wearing pantyhose as part of their wardrobe. I agree that the consequences for this often labels men as pervs, CD,TV gay etc. However, that has not deterred some from openly wearing in attempt to favorably sway public opinion that hosiery can also be fashioned by men wear it in good taste. I agree that nobody should judge others by what they wear, the person should be free to express themselves through fashion without ridicule from others.

Hi glossyph1, I agree with your sentiment entirely and wish it were completely normal for me to show my legs in sheer hose. I have recently had a lightbulb moment that I would like to share. I’ve been going to Pilates lessons for over a year now and my wife bought me some leggings as a birthday present, she knows about my obsession with hosiery and thought I might like to wear them to my Pilates lesson. They are fairly close fitting but obviously made for men with a logo down the side. For the first time in my life I was able to walk outside in something close to pantyhose and not worry about being stared at. So I wore them for a while and then a few weeks ago I managed to find much sheerer men’s jogging tights, with only a small logo suggesting they were for jogging. I got it in a smaller size so that they were virtually like tights against my legs. I am so thrilled to be able to go out in them to my Pilates lesson and not worry. I don’t know why I didn’t think of it before, I used to go to the lesson in baggy tracksuit bottoms. My next plan is when everyone gets used to that I want to find some opaque footless tights instead if I can find them, basically I want to get rid of the two seams at the sides which are the hall mark of leggings for some reason.

I like your plan of taking small incremental steps towards your goals. It is great that your wife is supportive and and purchased the leggings for you. Pilates is a good a avenue to give you a reason to wear leggings/tights. Good luck to you and I hope you accomplish your plan.

Seamline, it's great to hear you have the confidence and spousal support of your wife. I too, have my wife's support when wearing pantyhose, and that means a lot to us who wear, openly or not. Keep up the confidence, and I'm sure in time you will notice no one really cares what you wear, and you will likely forget at times you even have them on! Congrats, and keep us posted.