Welcome to Shapings forums, if you are new, register now or

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

pantyhose- make it a common sighting

OK guys, let's do it this year--Let us make wearing pantyhose in public a common sighting in 2017. Remember when us guys [myself included] had long hair and wore platform shoes in the 70's? Earrings in the 80's? Ponytails and buns in the current times? It all became the "norm" and we survived. Now, no one gives it a second thought. I have been on this forum for a little over two years, and in that time, I went from wearing under jeans, to PROUDLY wearing openly in front of family,friends, and strangers. Not one single negative comment from strangers---honest. A few "eye drops," many smiles, a couple of stares, one snicker[may or may not have been directed at me--it could just have been me reading into it wrong.] One thing I've learned over the past two years is if you have the confidence, and your only change in wardrobe is subtle, such as the pantyhose on your legs, most people won't or don't care, and some just simply don't notice.

Talking to others on this forum was a HUGE help to me. My biggest fears were all in my mind--I never thought in a million years that I would ever wear pantyhose in public. I now have friends on the forum, and the support I received from them and others, made me realize that I wasn't alone out there in this crazy world of ours. We are all individuals, and some of us have experienced some form of reaction whether at home, or in public. Let this be our sounding board of support.

So, share them if you wish-- let's get some feedback on your own personal experiences with wearing openly at home, or in public---pros and cons-- what family and friends think of you wearing, neighbours, strangers, sales clerks,etc., and anyone else that comes to mind. We might be able to help each other by sharing experiences, and supporting each other to the point of realizing we aren't doing anything wrong when we decide to wear---openly or not. This could be your turning point. Keep it honest and clean--as always.

Toolman, brilliant well written post! I agree with you 100%. I was the same way, first wearing under jeans to now wearing very short revealing shorts with 6" heels while I go shopping for more heels and running errands to the store, post office, etc...

"Not one single negative comment from strangers---honest. A few "eye drops," many smiles, a couple of stares, one snicker[may or may not have been directed at me--it could just have been me reading into it wrong." I have experienced the exact same kind of reaction down here in southern Florida while shopping in large shopping malls crowded with shoppers. I had sales ladies compliment me on my pantyhose and heels. I recall one lady's compliment on how well I can wear heels and wish she could wear them as well as I.

As more people wear pantyhose I believe acceptance well spread and will be better received. As you touched upon, Toolman, the society's perception has changed with the advent of new social norms. The next social norm to be accepted should be widespread acceptance of pantyhose in public,. whether worn by men or women. Here in Florida, pantyhose is almost never worn even by women. I only wish there would be more like minded individuals to help in the crusade.

I agree this form is the perfect medium to share experiences and express support and provide feedback from you personal experiences. I enjoy wearing pantyhose publicly and will continue to do so.

Please feel free to post your feedback and experiences, I would like to hear from others who are of the same mind.

Thanks for the kind words, Glossyph1--it came from the heart. Glad to hear you have the confidence to wear whatever you desire. How long did it take for you to wear openly, and what was the first alternative item[s] you wore? [ I won't say "feminine item" because I can't define what makes an article of clothing feminine.--Wear what you like--period.]

I wear for medical reasons, and others wear for a multitude of reasons---It doesn't matter what those reasons are, because once you have them on, the fact remains there is a tight fitting covering on your leg, and the reasons should be inconsequential. Society has this hang up about a guy wearing anything remotely perceived as feminine, or tight fitting and over the knee. How many of us have tight fitting socks that are below the knee, and no one gives it a second thought. Now try on the same pair, that are longer and go above the knee, and watch the reaction. I firmly believe that in fashion, as history has shown us, there may be some resistance toward change at first, but if that change persists and continues, society has no choice but to accept it. It is called freedom. That's what we all want.

Toolman, I wore pantyhose for several years before building up the courage to wear them openly. I run to stay in shape and actually started wearing them publicly on the jogging trails where I used to live. Nobody didn't seem to mind, therefore, that further encouraged me to expand into other avenues of public domain. Several years later I am at the point where I slip in to glossy pantyhose strap on 6" heels or wedges and go out and run errands around town.

I enjoy wearing very short and revealing "Daisy Dukes" shorts with a women's sleeveless racer back top with pantyhose paired with heels. I never wear panties with pantyhose. I am currently in the process of shopping for black 7" stiletto pumps, the perfect curve hugging black mini skirt, and a black sexy sheer lace top to complete the outfit. I am not into bras because I simply have no use for them. I like satin and lace panties and thongs in an wide assortment of styles and colors.

I most certainly agree with, "believe that in fashion, as history has shown us, there may be some resistance toward change at first, but if that change persists and continues, society has no choice but to accept it. It is called freedom. That's what we all want." I could not have said it better myself.
    Society's bias towards people who do not conform to norms are often labeled as deviants and men wearing "feminine" clothes are no exception. The only way to make it acceptable as you mentioned, is to persist in displaying this fashion trend.

Well said, glossyph1. My story is similar, whereas, I walked to the mail box down the street at first, during the day, while most people were at work. I did this a few times, then the walks got further and longer. I rode my bike around the lake wearing bike shorts with pantyhose underneath, and moving at a good pace, you go by people pretty quick, and they may not even noticed I was wearing. What really boosted my confidence was my wonderful wife. She walked by my side, and somehow it validated my wearing. I can only guess that when people see me in hose with my wife by my side, they might think "oh, well if she is okay with it, it must be alright." To some, it must be like some sort of seal of approval. I completely understand why some guys hide their wearing--the approval of your significant other is a huge barrier to overcome, if not the biggest, and if they don't approve, and find out, the consequences can be devastating. The key is for us that already wear openly, to start now and make it a common sighting--the "norm", if you will, so we can pave the way for others who aren't as fortunate to wear openly, because there is currently too much at stake for them right now. At first, I took a bit of ribbing from my co-workers, but after 28 years, I know how to handle them---everyone has a skeleton in their closet. I now go to family functions, work, festivals, shopping, doctors' office,--everywhere--either in shorts or jeans. In the beginning, It took me a whole summer before I felt comfortable wearing openly. I think once I "tested" all the scenarios and environments, and realized all was well, I was finally at peace with myself. Remember--it is only an article of clothing--nothing more.

Toolman, thanks for sharing, very good article. Bike shorts and pantyhose are a good combination. I have a pair of spandex shorts that I like to wear. Having an understanding wife, friend...etc. to provide support and be a source of encouragement certainly helps. Presently, I have yet to meet other like minded men or women, therefore, my support structure is a little different than yours, as such this forum forms the basis of support and encouragement. I have read blogs where some guys cannot overcome the fear of rejection or fear of being scorned by society and have their nylon passion remain a secret. I agree a guy's desire to wear hose can be a source of contention between him and his significant other. Honest disclosure to the s.o. may help alleviate some of the fear and apprehension a guy may have. It does seem that fear and lack of approval are 2 major barriers to overcome for guys who want to "get out of the closet" and wear openly. Hosiery as you stated is just another article of clothing.

You're absolutely right, Chad. Keep wearing, and make it the norm. History has proven to show how persistence has paid off. Society will have no choice but to accept in the long run, if enough of us stick to it and continually wear. It gives me hope!

Most men wear respectfully but there are those that think in text or chat that they think it's macho to expose private areas to impress women. That gives us men a bad image that wear as fashion. Would be nice for the public would get the idea that us men do wear in respect to others plus in respect to ourselves.

This is a very good thread. I am in good company here. The reflections by Chad, Toolman, and hose52 highlights real concerns, support, wisdom and practical solutions to overcome "men in pantyhose" stigma that firmly grasps society. "Would be nice for the public would get the idea that us men do wear in respect to others plus in respect to ourselves" well said hose52. I believe with Toolman, that with persistence society's perception will change but effecting that change will not be easy.

Trying to do my part...

Stopped into a pharmacy last night wearing sheer support hose under my shorts and then again today went into another local business to pick up an order while wearing a different pair than last night under my shorts.

Both outings seemed to be non issues which is the end goal.

Now if I had been wearing black sheers as opposed to a natural tone then I would probably have gotten some different reactions but I'm not looking for a reaction...just looking to be able to wear openly with shorts which doesn't seem to be as hard as our minds sometimes try to make it seem