Welcome to Shapings forums, if you are new, register now or

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Control tops help prevent sagging, provide support in critical areas (lower back, waistline, hips), and they help prevent hose from sagging. In short, if they are well tailored and manufactured, they are unequivocally a good thing!

just wanting to keep this thread going.

I don't like control top pantyhose at all, unless there is a specific need for them. Those who have done drag, CT is useful for keeping "things" in place is you know what I mean. Otherwise, I find them not enjoyable.

That being said, I do like reinforced panties. Sheer to waist are my favorites, but reinforced panties harken back to the 70's and 80's when I was first getting into hose. Plus, if the hose are tall enough, the reinforcement helps a bit with keeping the panty in place and also acts more "panty" like if you need a bit more material between you and your pants, etc...

So I'm adding to my wish list, a bunch of pantyhose from a search here on "reinforced panty" out of curiosity. It's been a while since I've had a few pair of reinforced panties (other than say like Hanes Silk Reflections), so we'll see how it goes. If I do order and get a bunch of them, I'll report back ;-)

When I was heavier I seemed to wear CT most of the time, but as I've lost weight I find I don't want/need the CT portion anymore. I like the look of sheer from waist to toes. Also my wife likes to enjoy the feel of my hosiery on me and she's commented the STW feels better when transistioning between thigh to waist for example. Probably another reason I prefer STW... Happy Wife, Happy Life

I am not a fan of control top tights.
    It's Time to Shine!

claudia1063 Guest
    i,m not into controled top pantyhose that much since i wear shorts and very short mini skirts i don,t like showing off the top of my nylons i like the nude better they go with anything.

I'm fond of the high waist control tops--the ones that come up to just under the bustline. The wide silicone band doesn't roll down, and they help control my muffin tops. When I wear a padded panty and corset to achieve an hourglass shape, they go over top of the padded panty and smooth everything down. They also help conceal my male...ahem...appendage. Hanes Silk Reflections are my go-to hose, but Donna Karan has a nice high waist product. Spanx is OK, just doesn't feel as silky. I wish Shaping could source some better European high waist pantyhose.

Since I posted awhile ago about not having control tops I have ordered a few pairs and actually enjoy wearing them now. I got some Elly Sefora 30's and Carezza 70's. The Sefora 30 are really nice with a heel and toe and very durable too. The 70's are also super. it has rekindled my first experiences with pantyhose in the 70's. With a wide selection now I like some of everything control top and sheers.

Our favorite brand and style is Berkshire Control Top Ultra Sheers in sandalfoot. I don't wear but my wife does pretty much everyday including under her nursing scrubs. I like the taut, shiny appearance of the dark panty control top but I also really like shiny sheer to waist styles as well.

I hate everything that Spanx stand for which is mostly legless pantyhose.

I am a glossy STW kind of person. But I have several styles of CT pantyhose that are comfortable.