Welcome to Shapings forums, if you are new, register now or

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

[QUOTE=rgrimes101983;1967]I've always told my wife that I prefer to see her in control top pantyhose vs. STW. Perhaps it's the thought of seeing the reinforced top as her briefs (?). All I know is that seeing her in them drives me crazy.[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more!

Maybe it is a lower 48 phenomena. Some American control top pantyhose can be a tad utilitarian. But... as an American, the first pair of pantyhose I ever wore were CT. I didn't start wearing STW till I was in high school.
    I prefer wearing control top styles under jeans or pants more so than sheer to waist. I find they stay up and in place a lot better.

I do have a couple of pairs which I wear but is not norm for me now. When I am doing some air travel I'll wear them but certainly like the STW
    styles now. I did start on CT back in the day though. I do like them if I need extra support or wanting to smooth the assetts.

STW for me. They feel much more comfortable and I don't have to worry about the built-in panty showing when I sit down in a dress or skirt.
    It's Time to Shine!

I wear both CT and STW depending on the days activities. Going out riding my bike or hiking I find CTs stay up very well, and at work I don't have to "adjust" my pantyhose. STW PH are cooler on hot days, much cooler than guy briefs. Never did believe American women complaining about PH being too hot.

Wearing STW on dates and other "special occasions" gives me a special thrill and like them on the ladies also........but if they're sitting with their legs crossed the sight of some darker panty showing gives me very tight pants.

Can anyone recommend, high quality NON Control top, BUT with reinforced panty, pantyhose?

I love STW hose for sure with how great they look, but I also enjoy wearing pantyhose with a reinforced panty that does NOT have control. Loser the better, but it seems like many hose aren't made this way.

Not exactly super high quality, but of course there is the old stand by of Hanes Silk Reflections (non control), but I'm 5'11 and 175 lbs. "CD" doesn't quite fit well, but the plus sizes are swimmingly big for me (but fun too around the house ;-)

I'm looking for more of the European brands etc, that have non control reinforced panties.... anyone?

We're STW fans above all types of hose, so very limited experience with CT or reinforced panty. Nevertheless I would point you to L'eggs sheer energy all sheer. By far the best non European hose I've come across. I think the panty in those will fit what you're looking for.

Good luck!
    PH Lovers

[QUOTE=Pantyhoselovers;2385]We're STW fans above all types of hose, so very limited experience with CT or reinforced panty. Nevertheless I would point you to L'eggs sheer energy all sheer. By far the best non European hose I've come across. I think the panty in those will fit what you're looking for.

Good luck![/QUOTE]

Gosh in my experience I'd rate Donna Karan or Calvin Klein or Hue and even Nordstrom branded hose as better American brands way above Leggs, but never knock a great, cheap reliable pair. I've certainly owned my share of all of these inc Leggs of all kinds. As far as best non European, I bet some Japanese brands are stellar too... I'd love to try some!

Ok, Donna Karan for sure I agree with you; I've seen some spectacular ph from them. The others, well, not bad at all for sure, but not spectacular.

The sheer energy all sheer from L'eggs may not be spectacular neither, for sure to be rated under Donna Karan, but the reason why I like them so much and rate them so high is because they're unpretentious. They're like an old VW Beetle, simple, reliable, durable and designed to do a specific job and do it very well.

Let's agree to disagree as in the end, it's all about personal preference, so it's all subjective :-)
    PH Lovers

I always try to wear hose with some leg support & most of the time they have a control top, I find they just fit better. That being said, I'm not a big fan of the color contrast between the leg & panty.

I have a bodysuit & would like to find a pair with some leg support I could wear with it, any suggestions?

NO CT hose in my collection. Not that I have anything against them, and I have even worn them before, but I am 100% a STW wearer myself. Love the feel and nothing can beat that feeling...Nothing!
    Heels & Hose Lover