Welcome to Shapings forums, if you are new, register now or

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Male Pedicure

Male Pedicure

Just wondering what you think of men getting pedicure ?.

I have had many done, (just clear coat) but I want to become more daring and get colour next time. The place I go to puts down guys getting nail polish, therefor I have never had it done professionally.

Can anyone recommend a place in Toronto that is not bias to this?

Electric Legs nail polish is ten bucks... try doing your self... a nice natural color ,,, same with the hose.. and sandell's ! Had many a women in store's just smile and nod at me... Done with some taste anything is exceptable !

I've been doing my own pedicures on and off since my early 20s. I really like wearing nail polish on my toes. I recently discovered NailPolishCanada.com. They have a really great selection of colours and finishes and shipping is free inside Canada. Even if you choose UPS 2-5 day service it costs about a dollar and you get your stuff really quickly. I've never had a professional mani or pedi but have read around and about on the net that salons staffed by Phillipino women are very accepting of men who wear nail polish.

Hi Redneck Hoser and Nick

Thanks for the reply, I have done it a few times at home, but my big beef is that when I get a pedicure, I joke with the girls to do colour, and we just laugh it off and it never goes any further. The price and time to do colour is not different for Men and Woman where I go, I guess I just need some nerve if I want it done.

Hi Electric Legs,
    Go for it, I have had mine done many years, I do gel as they last for about 4 weeks. I do different colour each month just reflect my interest.
    I have them done at salon, no problems. It is standard for me now. Started by stress reduction and having a full spa pedicure, now I am hooked!

A lady friend gave me a surprise birthday present of getting a pedi after I came out to her with my love of wearing nylons. She insisted on having my toes painted so I chose a color and went for it...had to wait quite a while for the polish to dry and slip into our knee high nylons. Got several smiles and giggles, nothing too bad. After about a week it was like wow! I really like my toes painted, especially in nylons. She had a saying "Painted toes in sheer toe hose is a must". Next thing I knew I was wearing strappy sandals with painted, hosed toes. This lasted for years, she's gone now but I have about 15 different colors of polish and keep my toes painted almost all the time. Just don't feel right unless I'm wearing nylons with painted toes. Sheer toe or shadow toe nylons are great with painted toes, love it on women! If you haven't had painted toes you should try it.....here's how I like to look:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2751[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Stockingman; 06-02-2015 at 12:41 PM. Reason: added pic

I agree with you, painted toes takes the experience of wearing ph to a different level. It's such a nice complement that's brings everything together.

I didn't know what to expect having my toes painted for the first time although I always liked a nice feminine nyloned foot with painted toes on the ladies. They're like magnets for my eyes - can't hardly stop looking! My toes are always painted when I go shoe shopping and have received positive comments from the lady sales associates. It's quite pleasing standing there in my stocking feet[ATTACH=CONFIG]2797[/ATTACH]...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    24/7/365

Feminine color'ed pedicure is key for my hose wearing.

I absolutely love wearing nylons, but I almost won't wear them if I don' t have a pedicure. It completes the look for me.

As soon as I had my own place to live with adequate privacy in my 20s, giving myself a pedicure was as consistent as bathing and shaving my legs. I must do it, or I'm not happy. I've also gone to pedicure places and have had my toes done with many different varieties, including a white tip... which makes any color pop... and looks great through sheer nylons.
    Last edited by hunterloveshose; 24-02-2015 at 02:18 AM.

I just moved to the Bay area and unless you wear sandals all the time why bother, it is a lot of work and the weather up hear is pretty cold, I know that I will not be wearing sandals very soon. Being happy with yourself is a good thing, but unless your SO demands it, make life easy, and just do it on the weekends.